Monastery dedicated to the Presentation of the Virgin Mary and Saint Panteleimon at Agia

The monastery is situated in the northeast of Agia on the way to Melivia. The nave was built in 1292 when Alexios Comninos was the emperor of Byzantium. It was restored in 1568-1579 and in 1724. Many of its religious paintings that were made by Constantinos Selitsaniotis in 1797 have been preserved to date.

It is a typical example of an Athonian cruciform church of four pillars that has three domes. The precinct, the imposing two storey tower and the chapel put the finishing touches to the picture of this magnificent religious monument. Moreover, the altar of the monastery, its religious paintings that date from 1616 and its cells have been preserved.

8rhsk_mnhmeia_monh_eisodiwn_8eotokou_agios_pantelehmonas_agias 8rhsk_mnhmeia_monh_eisodiwn_8eotokou_agios_pantelehmonas_agias2
Copyright Περιφέρεια Θεσσαλίας - Περιφερειακή Ενότητα Λάρισας - Created by itbiz