Monastery of PalioKaria (At Krania of Elassona)

It is located in the north-west of Krania and is dedicated to the Transfiguration. The icons of its icon screen date from the 17th century. The nave is typically Athonian and in the northeast an imposing tower overlooks it.

The monastery was prosperous but in 1844 it began to decline. In 1930 it became part of the Monastery of Olympiotissa and was destroyed in 1940. Its icons and the woodcut icon-stand have been carried to Saint Dimitrios’ church at Krania.The monastery has been repaired and today it is in a good condition.
Copyright Περιφέρεια Θεσσαλίας - Περιφερειακή Ενότητα Λάρισας - Created by itbiz