Monastery of Saint John the Baptist at Agia

On a wonderful spot, on a side of mount Kissavos with a panoramic view, Saint John the Baptist’s monastery is located. The monastery dates from 1797 and is on the same spot where was located Saint John the Baptist’s earlier monastery built by Damianos Myrichoritis in 1550.

The monastery closed down in 1888. The place where Saint Damianos led an ascetic’s life is 600 m away from the monastery.

8rhsk_mnhmeia_monh_prodromou_anatolhs_agias 8rhsk_mnhmeia_monh_prodromou_anatolhs_agias2
8rhsk_mnhmeia_monh_prodromou_anatolhs_agias3 8rhsk_mnhmeia_monh_prodromou_anatolhs_agias4

Copyright Περιφέρεια Θεσσαλίας - Περιφερειακή Ενότητα Λάρισας - Created by itbiz