Monastery dedicated to the Presentation of the Virgin Mary at Metaxohori

It is situated at the entrance to the village of Metaxohori next to Favr’s mansion. It is a basilica of three aisles that had an elevated place set apart for women and the religious paintings of its nave were repaired towards the close of the eighteenth century.

Its exquisite woodcut icon screen was made by Constantis and Dimitrios from Megalovriso in 1794. The cells of the monastery have been used for sericulture.

Copyright Περιφέρεια Θεσσαλίας - Περιφερειακή Ενότητα Λάρισας - Created by itbiz